Saturday, September 8, 2007

Cook me something woman...


Totally kidding about the title. That wouldnt be a servant. That would be a slave. Anyways....



Busy – (adj,) – full of or characterized by activity

As I sit here in the wee hours of the morning, I am thinking about the schedule that I have somehow gotten myself into. Everybody likes to be doing something because boredom for me puts me to sleep. Obviously busyness keeps me out of trouble but it also can get me tired. I think the point of those couple of sentences is that no matter what I do, whether I’m bored or busy, I’m still going to be tired. Busyness = fun. That’s why I like the busy schedule.

Starting tomorrow, my schedule will look as follows:

Saturdays - Coaching 2 soccer teams in the morning
Country church @ Indian Rocks

Sundays - Transport elementary kids @ Indian Rocks
Encounter @ Indian Rocks

Mondays - Work (yes I do that)
Evangelism Explosion

Tuesdays - Work
Junior High Golf practice @ Indian Rocks
97 West @ Davis Island

Wednesdays - Work
JH Golf practice @ Indian Rocks
Mid-week service @ Indian Rocks
Mens Bible Study

Thursdays - Work
JH Golf practice @ Indian Rocks
Soccer practice @ Indian Rocks

Fridays - Work
The Spot @ Indian Rocks

I’m sure I forgot some things in there but oh well. Clearly there is hardly anytime for me to go to the gym or even eat for that matter. Some would say you’re crazy for trying to do that much stuff. I love it. It keeps me, one, out of trouble and, two, it is a great opportunity to change kid’s lives and my own.

Matthew 11:28 – “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”

God calls us to have a servant’s heart. With the proper attitude and motivation, I know for certain that I will not grow weary and I can find rest in the arms of the Lord.

No comments: